Where can I go Snowshoeing?
Just up the hill from Lolo Hot Springs, there are many options for snowshoeing along Lolo Pass. Park at the summit and follow one of the snow covered roads. You can literally choose your own adventure up here. Or, visit Snowshoe Falls by parking near the turnout at mile marker 5 and follow the creek to the falls.
Chief Joseph Trail System
The Bitterroot XC Ski Club grooms a large network of cross country ski and snowshoe trails near the Lost Trail Ski Area. When you are done snowshoeing, warm up in a log cabin at the trailhead. Trail Maps (maps are also available at the trailhead).
- Location: At the southern end of the Bitterroot Valley, follow Hwy 93 to Lost Trail Pass. The groomed trails can be found across the highway from the downhill ski area.
- Fees: Free, but donations are greatly appreciated.
- Contact Info: Visit their website.
Lake Como Recreation Area
This groomed cross country ski area also welcomes snowshoers. You can explore a huge variety of trails right next to Lake Como. Pets welcome.Trail Maps.
- Location: From Hamilton, travel south on Hwy 93 13 miles to Lake Como Road and follow it for 2.7 miles until it forks. Turn left and drive for a mile and park.
- Fees: Free
- Contact Info: Contact Tony Neaves at (406) 381-3943 or Visit their website.